Friday, March 12, 2010

Mood

While I read “Wounded” I felt a bunch of mixed emotions, at different points in the story I felt sad, happy, and intrigued. At the points when I was sad was when Courtney’s father was killed, that was the saddest point in the story for me. This is a very serious book and there weren’t really any funny points during the story. Personally I think the most exciting incident was when Courtney kissed Marcus. The mist unusual incident was when his father pushed him to the ground and walked away; I didn’t see it coming and was very shocked. I remember most about this story was when Courtney kissed Marcus because I felt like he disserved it and was hoping it would happen. The mood of the book starts out about normal, then goes to sad once you find out that his dad is gone in Afghanistan then changes to happy once he returns, but is quickly changed to sad when they find out Courtney’s father was killed. I think the mood for the most part of the book is serious and sad, but happy at the same time. Also the mood changes when Courtney kisses Marcus to happy.

While I was reading this book and was happy there were certain points in the book that made me feel this way. When Courtney kissed Marcus it was a very happy moment in the book, also I think everybody who has read this book would agree that when Marcus' Dad came hom it was very happy. Posibly the happiest moment in the whole book. Some minor happy moments were when the feeling of knowing Marcus was helping out with all the little things like staying home with his sister for his mom. Or when Marcus finds out that his Dad wasn't the one that was killed in Afgahnistan. Also at the end of the story when Marcus tells his Dad he will help him, I thought it was very generous of him and was a great way to end off the story with a happy moment.

Some of the sad moments in the the book was when Courtney's father was killed. This was probably the saddest moment in the book. Also it was sad when his father returned home and wasn't himself because they all excpected him to be his normal self and all happy and cheery instead he was down and sad. Another sad part in the book was when he talks about his financial status because even tho I don't know what it's like to have very little money I felt very sad for him and his family. Not many people know about the financial problems but i'm sure most of the people that live on base have some sort of financial problems. There wasn't very many sad points in the book and the overall mood of the book was happy I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment